Contacting a therapist for the first time can feel like a big step, but many people find it to be one of the most valuable things they have done. I have many years experience of helping individuals and couples dealing with a wide range of emotional and psychological issues, including:
• Anxiety, Panic, Phobias
• Stress and Post Traumatic Stress
• Relationship difficulties (individuals or couples)
• Low feelings and Depression
• Bereavement and Loss
• Difficulties around eating
• Abuse, Trauma, often stemming from childhood
• Difficulties coping with emotions
• Unhealthy thinking or behaviour patterns
• Feeling stuck in the past, unable to move on
• Dealing with issues relating to religious faith or spirituality
• Seeking to grow in self esteem and live more creatively
I am professionally registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists (UKCP), and also on the Voluntary Register of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP).
My approach is ‘Integrative’, which means I incorporate different psychological theories and approaches into the way I work, according to the individual needs of each client. I aim to provide a supportive and confidential environment in which you can explore the deeper things which are troubling you, and hopefully find a way to move forward.
My specific training and expertise in using the Arts means that in addition to ‘talking therapy’ I provide the option of using various creative approaches. I often find these really helpful in dealing with difficult issues which may otherwise feel stuck or overwhelming. If you choose to make use of these approaches, you do not have to be creative or artistic in any way. Find out more on 'Why use the 'Arts'?'
For more information about Psychotherapy and Counselling in general, use the links on the left of this page, or contact me using the form below.
(John Fox, Poetry Therapist - used here with his permission).